Post Melbourne Cup morning
Some mornings can be a mental battle to get up and this morning would have been a bit of a struggle for those who celebrated the race that stops the nation yesterday! And especially if you also lost a lot of money.
Green Moon won yesterday’s 2012 Melbourne Cup with winning jockey Brett Prebble. The race has been going since 1861 at Flemington Race Course in Melbourne, Australia. The race is 3,200 metres for 3-year-old horses and over.
5 positive aspects of the Melbourne Cup – to think of the day after (if you are feeling a little sorry for yourself!)
1. You were part of the great Aussie race.
2. You enjoyed yourself and you looked great!
3. Maybe you put enough bets on to last you the next few Melbourne Cups!
4. You enjoyed the fashion parades and the food.
5. You caught up with old mates and girlfriends.