5 Interesting Ways Fall Asleep Quicker.
I noticed that a lot of websites are talking about the same thing. That is why I wanted to do some deeper research and find some uncommon practices to help me fall asleep quicker.
Our friend, who wears sweat shorts to fall asleep, has put together this list of 5 Interesting Ways to Fall Asleep Quicker. Some may sound counter productive, but these 5 ways have helped others fall asleep.
1. Make your bed. A poll by the National Sleep Foundation found that, “People who reported making their bed in the morning were 19 percent more likely to get a good night’s sleep every night.” It makes sense. Being excited to jump into bed gives you a positive outlook on sleep.
2. Get more sun. According to this report getting sun between the hours of 6-8:30am will help you “…regulate your biological clock and keep it on track.” Open your blinds, get out of bed, and start your circadian rhythm.
3. Eat more cherries! Cherries, especially tart cherries, are pack full of Melatonin. Melatonin helps bring on sleepiness by regulating our circadian rhythm.
4. Eat Kiwi Fruit. In this study, adults who ate “2 kiwifruit nightly 1 hour before bedtime for 4 weeks resulted in improved sleep onset, duration, and efficiency in adults with self-reported sleep disturbances.” The scientific reason why is not yet conclusive, but on average all participants slept an hour longer every night.
5. Cold bath or shower. Tim Ferriss experimented with taking a cold bath 1 hour prior to going to bed. This helped jump start the natural sleep cool down process which allows him to fall asleep quicker.
I have not heard of a lot of these techniques. I hope that you can take some of these habits and apply them to your own sleeping routine.
I am not a sleep professional, so if you continue to have sleeping issues, you may want to consult an expert.