Sometimes when the kids are sleeping (whether during the day or night) Mums and Dads find it hard to concentrate on ‘their’ time because the baby or toddler or child is their focus for so much of the day or night.
Try to accept you need time to adjust and make a conscious choice to allow yourself to have ‘me’ time. So, when baby or toddler or child is sleeping:
1. sleep yourself or at least relax
2. if you can’t relax then do that job that you have been dying to do
3. if you can’t think to do that job – relax
4.if you can’t relax, or sleep or think… then take the rescue choice:
* find a spot to sit down (outside on the grass, on the carpet or tiles or in a chair or lounge)
* focus on the little ant crawling around in the grass or your breathing. So, something to do with nature or yourself.
5. Choose to stay in the rescue choice for as long as your want or go for a sleep or do that job you wanted to do.
By making a clear choice you will automatically feel better. Give it a try.