Dads having kids at night
Dads don’t expect that you will know what to do immediately – it will take time. Mothers took their time to find out what worked.
Some tips for a stress free night:
1. have dinner between 5.30-6.00pm. Kids need to eat quite early and get very irritated otherwise.
2. Treat meals are okay sometimes. Some good meal ideas: sausages and vegetables, cheese burgers, spaghetti bolognaise, chicken and rice, lamb and vegetables.
3. dessert is a nice treat. Try and not use food as a reward.
4. Set a bed time. Give the children a warning 30 mins before – telling them it is bed time soon. Five minutes before bed time tell the kids it is time to do their teeth.
5. Reading a story is a nice bonding time.
6. It is late so the kids must go to sleep. If they try and stall the bed process – tell them you will have to make bed time earlier next time.
7. It can be the time for a little chat.
8. Change pyjamas every couple of days and sheets after sleeping in the bed for approximately 7 nights.
9. Make sure your child goes to toilet before bed.
10. Give yourself a pat on the back for a successful night routine.