What hurts the most, when infidelity occurs, is someone else has been intimate with your partner and held them tight at night and that person should have been you. This line of thinking, while it is the most obvious, is not helpful. Block-out feelings of betrayal and only do this because it doesn’t help you. Replace the thoughts with: I am worthy and I will get stronger everyday. There are 5 things to think after a partner cheats, so you will heal and be the strongest you can be and they are:
1. It happened just because it did. Why did it happen – just because it did.
2. You are a beautiful person. You will always be a beautiful person.
3. Your life has been turned upside down, but you can get it back on track. Friends and family can help you.
4. You were loyal and tried your best in the relationship. You can still do this in the future.
5. Your partner made a choice to be unfaithful. You can make a choice to respect you now.