Happy in bed
When one or two people are sitting in bed angry – sometimes it is so hard to snap out of it unless a car is rammed through your bedroom wall!!! Image Source
Science has proved that going to sleep straight after an argument means you will wake up with the same negative feelings or you could feel even worse.
Now, remember both people are tired and it is a hard time to discuss things, but sometimes it is a must. Both people must be mindful that each person is playing a part in the argument. To diffuse an argument – a few things to try:
1. Remember three things you love about the person that makes them stand out.
2. Think of things the person does that goes over and beyond their love for you.
3. Then move to the issue and try and re-create or re-phrase the issue so both people can see where the problem stems from. Almost always it is an underlying emotional issue by one partner.
4. Keep your voice calm and make sure you paraphrase so there is no further confusion.
5. Do not just go to sleep – this is not being respectful to your partner.
6.Try and be the one to be the hero and next time your partner might be!