The best way is to think of advice you may give to someone else, but don’t give advice if you are tired, grumpy or not feeling helpful – your advice, in this case, needs to be: to ask someone else! However, if you feel like being helpful – here are some tips you could pass on:-
1. What have you done previously that has helped you have a positive day?
2. Have a look in magazines and newspapers for ideas.
3. Think of things that you don’t want to do.
4. Ask yourself whether you are feeling energetic or lethargic?
5. Even if you choose to do nothing, it is still something.
6. Don’t do something always just to please others, but of course sometimes this is nice.
7. Makes sure the kids do not irritate you – have incentives for positive behaviour and consequences in place for negative behaviour.
8. Be realistic – the whole day will be full of a mixture of things, but hopefully you can see the positive in most things!
9. Do something that helps you feel organised- clean our a drawer, tidy up the bathroom sink or put dishes away.
10. Eat something healthy and energising – juicy fruit, yoghurt and fruit salad, avocado on toast, dip and crackers.