There seems to be so much to do and to fit it in and at times our sleep suffers. This won’t matter too much if it is monitored with good general health and periods that slow down a bit! So, if you wake and your sleep bank is low, these 6 things can help:
1. Have a glass of water with a teaspoon of powdered vitamin C. The tablet form is okay, but the powdered form is better.
2. Have fruit and then eggs or porridge or a smoothie drink with spinach and your favourite fruits. It is best to have fruit before a heavy food like bread or porridge.
3. Make sure you dress with pride and feel good. Blow-dry your hair, smell fresh, iron clothes and have clean shoes.
4. Write lists to help you to be organised. I leave a note on the kitchen bench where I will see it.
5. Think of smiley things and that means anything that makes you smile: acute puppy; when your child first walked;your Mum’s surprise when you gave her a gift and the list is endless.
6. Be kind and thoughtful to loved ones and friends and you will feel good about yourself. Thoughtfulness is contagious and that night when you are feeling a little drained, the favour may be returned.