I have decided after research to write a list of what amazing parents do and I have devised a list of 6 things and if you are doing these – well done and if you are half doing these – well done. If you aren’t doing many things on the list, 5 of the things on the list can be adopted now and number 5 will come once you adopt the majority, so nothing is lost – you can become amazing too.
1. Set boundaries – The world is scary if there aren’t any rules. Be the parent that helps your child understand what is okay and what is not.
2. Talk to other parents for research – This help things to be put into perspective and the chance to realise you are normal!
3. Tell their child they love them every day – Even if this is hard at first, it will get easier. Some parents were never told this so it is hard to say it. All I advise is just try it – what have you got to lose?
4. Read to their child every day – This is not only educational, but also very rewarding and a bonding exercise.
5. Love them unconditionally – They need to know someone will always be there 100 per cent no matter what.
6. Say sorry to them – Look your children in the eye and mean it.