Teenagers texting after fighting with their parent
1. Read text and re-text – so you have had a nasty argument…what are you doing now?
2. Try to ascertain their mood and state of mind.
3. Do not add fuel to the situation.
4. Try and be objective and not blaming.
5. Text about how they are feeling and be empathetic.
6. Text something they can do with the parent.
7. Remind them these things happen – it will be okay.
8. See if they can focus on being calm and text about a project for tomorrow – do not go over and over the night’s issue.
9. Remind them they are loved which is why the parent cares so much.
10. Give them a call if necessary.