Relationship happiness is probably one of the hardest types of happiness people all over the world try and grasp. There are so many books out there that tell us how to be happy and if we are happy and how to be happy if we are not. However, I still hear from people that something is missing.
The missing link is what everyone is so quick to blame on the other person. I think we have to own our own happiness and stop looking around us. Of course there are influences and things that are just not right. However, I am talking about personal choice.
People can’t end relationships because it isn’t that great anymore, but they do. And it is not like they haven’t thought about couple counselling etc.… they have just decided the don’t want to. At what point do we decide this? And give up on everything?
Why can’t people just go: “I am going to fix this; I am going to find a way to get what we had back.” Is it pride? Is it that they want the other person to do it?
How do we change society and the current relationship mentality? If you are struggling with your relationship at the moment think about the following:
1. Who said you would be happy all of the time?
2. What are you doing about the unhappiness?
3. What are you doing to contribute to the unhappiness?
4. Are you letting your thoughts control you?
5. Can you woman or man up and fix your life?
6. How can you know another partner will be different?
7. It only takes one person to make a change. Who knows – next time the other person might step it up.
8. Do your parents just go through the motions?
9. Your kids know what you are feeling – don’t think they don’t.
10. Your partner also knows; even if communication is also suffering…which I guess it is.
Anyone can make a positive change. It is about choice. You can do it.