Relationships and communication
“when communicating do it non-selfishly”
What I mean is – do not just communicate how you always have because it is comfortable and easy. Communicate effectively to meet your needs and the other person’s needs.
One of the biggest mistakes men and women make is that sometimes they just want to vent and this process just helps them work out their issue. People don’t always want someone else to simply offer suggestions which may seem: annoying, useless, inappropriate; or it is like they just don’t get it!
So guys, if you get home from work and your partner is cranky about the child’s sleep and the child is cranky because they wouldn’t have a day sleep and your partner tells you about how hard her day was because of this:
Do not say:
1. Maybe going out less would help!
2. She slept for me the other day!
3. So this means now we have to put up with tantrums?
4. what did you feed her – she is going crazy?
1. Wow that sounds like a hard day!
2. Ohh you did well to get through it!
3. It doesn’t sound like you have had a break!
4. Ohh wow tough day for you!