Sometimes when you are using a device so often it is easy to forget the safe way to play. One way to judge whether the text is appropriate is ask yourself would you like to receive it? Some other tips:
1. Is the time (to send the text) appropriate?
2. Is my language appropriate?
3. Am I being honest?
4. Is this how I normally communicate?
5. Do I feel comfortable communicating this way?
6. Texts are concrete and people have proof it was sent – so think of that.
My last bit of advice is texts are easy to send, so is there another way to show you care, be helpful or just say hi or goodnight?
– a note, card, small gift, flower/flowers, chocolate, a phone call, a visit, a hug,a smile, listening with love and purpose to what the person is saying.