Most of us are honest and not having affairs, right? So, only when you are worried about sending a good night text and that you might get caught – you are actually more likely to send it with worry and therefore to the wrong person – your wife or husband! Image Source
If you have nothing to hide you will be open about your Facebook page and text messages and if your partner puts a password on his computer or phone, ask why.’
Why do people, having affairs, keep their lover’s good night texts saved on their phone? Do they think they will never get caught? Do they not realise the severity of what they are doing? Do they think it is okay because it is just an emotional affair?
Relationships develop faster and become more intimate online. The proof is also quite damaging in a text. It is different if a friend tells a friend, who then tells the wife/husband about an affair, because the proof is not as concrete as a text. Technology makes affairs more damaging for all partners involved. The person who has been unfaithful can’t deny the exact words he/she uttered to a lover and the wife/husband reads the words and feels, through the words, what the affair meant.
5 ways to think/and or question right now if you are having an emotional texting affair:
1. Do you realise what might happen if this is revealed?
2. Do you want to fix your marriage?
3. Do you love your wife/husband or are you willing to drift further apart?
4. Do you understand the unfaithfulness can never be a positive thing?
5. What would you think if a friend was doing what you are doing?
5 ways you might be giving it away that you are having an affair:
1. your guilt
2. because you feel vulnerable
3. secretive with your phone and internet accounts
4. avoiding being home
5. being absentminded when you are at home