We are told we need to do this and that because of this and that, but when someone mentions the ‘b’ word, it becomes a little more serious. A good brain needs 5 things and if the brain is NOT getting these things, the body starts to show signs of wear and tear. So do these five things for your brain – now that makes sense. And if your brain is functioning as it should then these five things will be desirable, so let your brain take charge.
1. Sleep – yes an average of 8 hours most nights and 10 for kids.
2. Good food – on the whole a good diet with treats on the side (your brain needs this too!).
3. Exercise – 20 minutes a day of exercise at a reasonable speed helps the functioning of the brain and wakes it up.
4. Cognitive processing desires – the want to challenge yourself and try new things and regularly grow your brain’s ability.
5. A committed you – anything that is worth achieving needs commitment.