Keep text messages simple
Communicating is extremely complex on any level so whether it is a good night text, a good morning text, a quick hello or a reminder– keep text messages simple.
1. A face-to-face sincere apology.
2. A true sorry.
3. The revealing of something awkward.
4. An issue totally so it can be ignored and the sorry can be forgotten.
5. A snide face-to-face remark.
6. A way to upset or hurt people.
7. To tell someone you love them.
8. To thank someone for something.
Texting is convenient, easy, non-threatening, non-evasive, controllable, and while it is useful and also very effective, let’s not use it as our only form of communication towards matters of importance. If you want to say thanks in a text because it is easier at the time – that is fine – just make sure you say it face-to-face as well.