After a busy day and then a scrumptious meal, it is not unusual for some people to feel extremely sleepy. If you are also a person who doesn’t sleep well at night, you need to fight the sleepiness and go to bed at your regular bed time. If you give in to sleeping too early you may have trouble later in the night. This is very similar to a child who sleeps too late in the day; their night time sleep can be affected.
Basically you are sleepy because your body has stopped being busy and has all its needs met. However, you show its boss and keep busy until your regular bed time. Here are some things you can do to beat the sleepiness:
1. Go for a walk around the block (healthy in many ways).
2. Clean up the dishes (which will also please other family members!).
3. Organise things for the next day (this will help your sleep because you will feel organised!)
4. Chat to a household member or call somebody (show real interest in the other person’s day).
5. Play an activity with one of your children or your partner (uno, board game)
Many people watch television after dinner and this is probably okay if it doesn’t put you to sleep! The five tips will help with sleep and with having a well-balanced life generally!