2. If the child is 15 years old or older and is doing homework.
3. When computers and phones are shut down and locked.
4. If a parent is sick and the child is safe.
5. If they sleep on the lounge and are accessible quickly.
6. If no cooking or appliance use is happening.
7. If the house is locked and safe.
8. If a child has an important reason for staying up.
9. The child has earnt your trust and is responsible.
10. If it doesn’t happen regularly.
Every situation needs to be assessed and children need to be supervised, but if you must go to bed and your it’s Saturday night and you promised your 10-year-old he could watch a movie, I think the situation can be set up so he only watches the movie you instructed, he knows what to do once the movie finishes etc.