The good night texting eventually ends in good night, but so many topics are covered, hours before this! Especially if this is a new relationship – this is more the case.
If both people are available – it is a good way to get to know each other and with texting – you have time to think about your answer.
The thinking process does not mean you sugar coat it or be dishonest – just text it as clearly as possibly. One of the negative aspects of texting is the true meaning can sometimes be lost. Given this is a negative, but you are going to be extra careful in word choice, the advantage is people can say things earlier that are on their mind, earlier than normal, and without being prompted first.
1. don’t ask what you don’t want to answer
2. be prepared for the person to say pass!
3. take the hint if the person is feeling uncomfortable
4. be considerate – if the other person has to work the next day – ask if they want to sleep now?
5. don’t waste people’s time texting/talking if you are truly not interested
The aim is to have fun and get to know each other; so see it as a positive experience that this person wants to engage with you.