Learning about relaxing our bodies and minds is a skill which benefits more and more people as they become aware of such a fantastic tool. There are man apps which will guide you through mediations and some are as short as two minutes! It can be likened to cooking a dish for the first time: for the first few times, you need to follow the recipe and then you can just glance at it and eventually you can do it confidently on your own, without any assistance at all.
Obviously sleep, is something humans must do regularly and have a stable routine in place in order to achieve the most out of life. A simple way to bring mediation into this is to stop thoughts crowding your mind by listening and feeling your breath.
1. lie down and be ready to sleep.
2. Pay attention to your breathing.
3. Do three deep breaths – in through your nose and out of your mouth.
4. Go back to breathing how you normally do.
5. Notice where you feel your breath the most: is it while your hands are gently rested on your stomach, as your chest rises or on your bottom lip?Choose one of these to focus on.
6. As you close your eyes, with the intention to sleep, focus your mind on your breathing spot.
7. When a thought enters your mind, like a cloud floating in the sky, just let it keep moving and keep focussing on your breath and repeat this as many times as necessary.
8. Sleep tight.